Discover EuropeeBook - 2011
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Discover Europe is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Steep yourself in the cultural riches of historic capital cities, sample cheese and wine in friendly mountain towns, or soak up sunshine along the glittering Mediterranean; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Europe and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Discover Europe:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, cuisine, wine, and more
- Over 45 colour maps
- Useful features - including Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), Travel with Kids, and What's New
- Coverage of Britain, Ireland, The Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany, Spain, Austria, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Italy, Greece, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalise your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Discover Europe, our easy-to-use guide, is perfect for travellers who seek the most popular attractions a destination has to offer. Filled with inspiring and colourful photos, this guide focuses on the best of the best.
- Looking for just a few of the destinations included in this guide? Check out Lonely Planet's Travel Guides to those particular destinations, our most comprehensive guides that cover both the top sights and the roads less travelled, or check out Lonely Planet's Discover Guides which are photo-rich guides to the countries' most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Oliver Berry, Brett Atkinson, Alexis Averbuck, Kerry Christiani, Mark Elliot, David Else, Duncan Garwood, Anthony Ham, Virginia Maxwell, Craig McLachlan, Caroline Sieg, Ryan Ver Berkmoes, Nicola Williams, and Neil Wilson.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 wi