Los Angeles & Southern CaliforniaeBook - 2012
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Los Angeles, San Diego & Southern California is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Dive into a glittering Palm Springs pool, join the human parade at funky Venice Beach, or search tide pools for starfish in sunny San Diego; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Los Angeles, San Diego, and Southern California and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Los Angeles, San Diego & Southern California Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - lifestyle, history, art, cinema, TV, music, architecture, politics, sports, wildlife, food, drink, and more
- Over 40 color local maps
- Useful features - including Travel with Children, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), andBeaches & Outdoors
- Coverage of Santa Barbara, Malibu, Universal Studios, Hollywood, Palm Springs, Joshua Tree National Park, La Jolla, San Diego, Laguna Beach, Disneyland, Downtown Los Angeles, Venice Beach, Santa Monica, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps to avoid roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities to easily find what you need
- Bookmarks to shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to get to recommendations' websites
- Add notes to personalize your guidebook experience
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Inbuilt dictionary to decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Los Angeles, San Diego & Southern California, our most comprehensive guide to Los Angeles, San Diego, and Southern California, is perfect for both exploring the top sights and taking roads less traveled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Los Angeles? Check out Lonely Planet's Pocket Los Angeles, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's California Travel Guide for a comprehensive look at all the state has to offer, orLonely Planet's Discover California, a photo-rich guide to the state's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Sara Benson, Andrew Bender, and Adam Skolnick.
About Lonely Planet: Since in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel content company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet enables curious travelers to experience the world and get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.