The Missing ManualBook - 2012
Explains how to use the portable music player to perform functions including play music, store personal contact and calendar information, download and use applications, and use as a video player.
Biersdorfer, a technology columnist and author of other Missing Manuals, offers a guide to the iPod Touch, Nano, Shuffle, and Classic. He describes each, the accessories, installing iTunes and importing and buying music, connecting to a computer, charging, ports and switches, controls, and other basics; navigating menus; the features of the Touch; basic and advanced iTunes features; creating customized playlists; playing videos; viewing photos; using features like the address book, calendar, stopwatch, personal trainer, audio recorder, and eReader; surfing the web and using iCloud; and creating a stereo setup. The book assumes only basic computer skills. Annotation ©2012 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Ingram Publishing Services
Apple continues to set the bar for portable media players, but iPods still don’t come with a guide to their impressive features. This full-color Missing Manual shows you how to play music, videos, and slideshows, shop the iTunes store, and create and manage your media library. It’s the most comprehensive (and popular) iPod book available.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Fill it up. Load your iPod with music, photos, movies, TV shows, games, and eBooks.
- Tune into iTunes. Download media from the iTunes store, rip your CDs, and organize your entire media collection.
- Tackle the Touch. Use the Touch to shoot photos and video, send and receive email and text messages, and make video calls to otheriOS 5 gadgets.
- Go wireless. Sync your content and surf the Web over the air, using the Touch’s new iOS 5 software.
- Get moving with the Nano. Track your workouts with the built-in Nike+ sensor; dial in FM radio; and even create slideshows.
- Master the Shuffle and Classic. Get your Shuffle talking with VoiceOver, and play music, video, and slideshows on your Classic.