Focus on Digital Landscape PhotographyBook - 2010
Photographers who want to improve their picture taking need a book that cuts right to the chase?one that provides the information instantly, without forcing them to wade through loads of extraneous detail. That’s just what acclaimed photographer and teacher George Schaub does in this superb introduction to scenic photography: he
outlines only the crucial concepts and principles?from spot metering and fill flash to backlighting and sharpening?and applies them to real-world shooting scenarios out in the field.
This guide will help photographers:
- Use camera tools such as the highlight warning to check images in the field and make sure skies and waterfalls are not overexposed
- Reduce noise in deep-forest shadows and in sunset and sunrise photos
- Make flowers stand out with photos that exhibit painterly bokeh
- Use white balance to creatively accentuate autumn colors
- Control shutter to convey movement in streams and rivers
Baker & Taylor
Looks at the techniques of digital landscape photography covering such topics as RAW, white balance, light, exposure, lenses, and panoramic images.