National Wildlife Federation Field Guide to Wildflowers of North AmericaBook - 2010
Wherever even the smallest green thing grows, there you&;ll find wildflowers, be they huge, showy tropical blossoms or pretty, tiny bloomers. North America alone is home to thousands of species&;and the National Wildlife Federation Field Guide celebrates that wide diversity in grand fashion. From Acanthaceae to Zygophyllaceaei, this beautiful, portable volume provides the common and scientific names for each flower family; information on the flowering season; leaf, stalk, and blossom descriptions, with measurements; and color range maps of more than 700 species for both native and introduced types. There&;s no better guide to take along while camping, hiking, or enjoying a nature walk.
- More than 2,200 species of
- More than 2,200 species of wildflowers in a single, portable volume
- 4,019 stunning color photographs by leading nature photographers
- Wildflowers arranged by genus and include genus descriptions and range maps
- Captions highlight important field marks
- Information on season and habitat for each species
- Fruit illustrations included for several plant families
- Range map shows U.S. distribution
- Separate section on species introduced into North America
- Quick-identification key arranged by color and shape
- Detailed, illustrated visual glossary of flower parts and leaf types
- Essays on wildflower habitats and conservation
- Waterproof cover for use in the field
Baker & Taylor
Presents a comprehensive field guide that covers more than seven hundred species of wildflowers in North America, providing common and scientific names; flowering season; leaf, stalk, and blossom descriptions; and range maps.
In this up-to-date survey of 2,200 of the some 10,000 species of wildflowers native to North America north of Mexico, Brandenburg (botanist, Dawes Arboretum, Newark, Ohio) provides A-Z plant descriptions with family information, distribution maps, and color and b&w images. Protected by a waterproof cover and introduced by the NWF's chief naturalist, the portable guide includes notes on conservation, identification keys, and synonyms of scientific names. Annotation ©2010 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
A comprehensive full-color field guide covers more than 700 species of wildflowers in North America, providing common and scientific names; flowering season; leaf, stalk and blossom descriptions with measurements; and range maps. Original.